Sam in the City

A couple of weeks ago my brother Sam came to visit me for the first time since I have lived in New York.  I left home while he was still in High School, so this was also possibly the first time we have ever spent one on one time as adults.  It's weird to think of it in those terms, but I'm pretty sure it's true.  Sam had an internship in Washington DC this summer so I knew seeing him was a possibility, and in true Sam Turner fashion as soon as he heard the Cubs were playing in NYC he jumped to make it happen.  


First things first, I took him to Bareburger for New York's best burgers.  And possibly the biggest beers.  What? We had to make the most of Sibling time ok? 


P.S. Brother Sam is reading now.  For pleasure. Of his own accord.  Something he has never done, and I never thought I would see him do.  He even asked if he could borrow a few of my books.  This may have been my proudest moment as a sister, I'm not gonna lie to you. 


Bringing a Cubs fan to a Mets game.  The train ride to Citi Field had too much Orange for Sam's taste. 


Maybe one of my most favorite pictures ever.  It's a framer for sure.  


It was a perfect evening to be at Citi.  Hot, but with juuust enough breeze to keep you cool. As long as you had a cold drink in your hand ;)


It was a miserable game for Sam, he still has yet to see the Cubs win in person, but we had a blast.  I can't tell you guys how much it meant to have my brother come visit me in the big city.  Now that all of my family members have been here, New York definitely feels a little more like home. -xo Sydney


Comments

Popular Posts