Flyer Kid Diaries: Fight the Fuzzies


Fight the Fuzzies! I am so glad to see that the NYPD is finally taking a stance against these terrible people.  At least their signs are anyway. 

The Fuzzies in Times Square are like the aliens in Toy Story, and small vulnerable children are their "claw".  I am sorry to say, I would not be at all surprised if one day we hear of a child being abducted in Times square and it turns out they were behind it.

This Friday in the middle of my shift a man came up and started chatting with one of the girls on my team.  First about her show, but then things got more personal.  It turns out he is one of the Mickey Mouse Fuzzies.  He was been watching her, watching her, from inside the safety of his costume.  He says he raps on the side and wants her to be in his music video.  WHAT?!!

And to think that we as flyer kids in costume often get confused for these creatures.  I know for a fact we work twice as hard and put on a much better show than they do.  Not to mention we don't go up to children and grab for them unsolicited.  When I approach a child I always ALWAYS make eye contact with the parent first.   Let it be known, no one on my street team has not, and never will ask you for money to give you information or take a picture.  We just do it for the pleasure of your smiles.

Be informed and do as the signs say.  If one of the Fuzzies is bothering you or you feel uncomfortable in any way, find a police officer or call 911.  Then come find my street team and we'll show you how it's really done! -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts