Caps and Gowns

Yesterday I wrapped up my performances of The Marvelous Wonderettes: Caps and Gowns at Chenango River Theatre in Greene, NY.  Having grown up with a heavy background in choral singing and attending an all women's college, Wonderettes is a show I have been wanting to do for a long time.  I mean, who wouldn't want to sing and dance to some of the greatest songs of the 50's and 60's?

I try and keep this blog free of "industry" stuff, but I wanted to share with you a little bit of what my life has been like for the last month or so....






















I want to dedicate my performance in this show to my Grandma Betty Jane.  She taught me how to sew, play cards, and gave me a love for carrots, Mac n cheese, iced tea, and York Peppermint Patties. A lot of who I am is because of her, and getting to play Betty Jean every night brought us that much closer. 

I hope you all enjoyed getting a glimpse behind the scenes of my show life.  I take off tomorrow for a week in SanDiego! I have lots of fun posts planned, but I am mostly looking forward to relaxing and seeing my friends. Do you all have anything special planned for this week? :) -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts