High Fidelity: Amoeba Records

As a lover of vinyl, and music in general, Amoeba Records in LOs Angeles is my Mecca. For those of you who don't know, Amoeba is literally an entire warehouse sized store filled with music in all forms.  Vinyl, CD, cassette, you name it, they've got it! My trip to Amoeba was definitely one of the highlights of my days LA, especially since I got to take my friend Anna for the first time.




One of the things I like most about Amoeba is that, unlike some record stores, they are there for you not matter what your musical tastes are.  I typically listen to folk, classic rock, contemporary indie pop, with a dash of country so their approach at Amoeba fits me just fine :

So Jealous- Tegan and Sara
I have been wanting this album for quite some time; my favorite T&S song is "Where Does the Good Go."  I cant wait to have a Meredith and Christina style Grey's Anatomy dance party with my bestie Chrisena next time she comes over. 

Rumors- Fleetwood Mac
For many reasons, now was the perfect time to buy this album. 

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas- Original Broadway Cast Recording
$1 bin find.  Alex, Anna, Charles and I were all in this together in college.  This was just too good to pass up.


These three are going to be spinning on my turn table for quite some time.  What have you been listening to lately, anything good? Please share! -xo Sydney



Comments

Popular Posts