Words to Win By

To be honest, most of the time I find mantra's or inspirational quotes a little trite and obvious. More often than not they result in an eye roll rather than uplifted spirits. Because I don't need a mantra to lift me up, I need it to cut right through the bullshit and speak to the very core of what I need to hear.  I need words to win by. So when I find something that resonates with me, I write it down, I carry it on my heart, and I pass it on to others whenever possible.




"Don't think, just do."

"I don't have to be anything I can just be me."

"We can do hard things."

"Grant me the coffee for what I can change, the yoga for what I can not and the wisdom to know the difference."



"Find the people that make you believe in yourself, for those people are your sense of hope." Mackenzie Thompson, So Worth Loving

"Cut out the clutter."

"Take your broken heart turn it into art." - Carrie Fisher

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." Confucius


"Empathetic. Open-Hearted. Fierce."



"What you seek is seeking you." -Rumi

"I am no longer accepting the things I can not change. I am changing the things I can not accept." - Angela Davis



"Empowered women empower women."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"Girls will be girls."



"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship." - Louisa May Alcott

In these words I see the person I am, the fears I am facing, and the woman I want to become. I hope in some small way they reach you too! - xo Sydney




Comments

Popular Posts