Inspiration, Appreciation and Joy


I'm in a phase of great inspiration and appreciation.  I find my mind reeling at the oddest times just full of ideas and love and energy.  My trouble is with finding ways to harness this.  I've got to be better at keeping a notebook at my desk to scribble things down and get them out when they come to me.  I'm definitely someone who likes to marinate on ideas for a while before taking action (I'm always so in my head), but sometimes getting them down on paper ASAP adds a new flavor and helps the idea progress further. None of these are world changing inspirations. At least not in the greater sense. But they're changing my world.  With each new idea or simple change, I find myself getting closer and closer to the life I want to live, the kind of person I want to be.

I'm inspired daily by things I hear, people I meet.  The simple daily lives of other people. Ironically keeping my eyes wide open to what's happening in our country and around the world fuels me even more.  As if I have no choice but to do my small part to better the world around me. Even if it's only through pouring my thoughts out on the internet or trying to smile as I walk down the street.  You know what they say about how a butterfly flaps its wings...

I also have some pretty inspiring friends.  People chasing their dreams around the world (literally), people carving out an artistic life for themselves in overcrowded cities, people living quietly and purposefully just doing their own thing. Each is equally as moving and important to me as I dream up what my life is and can become.

Inspiration for me is not any kind of lightbulb moment, (though I do work in electricity 😉) for me it's more of a feeling, a warmth in my face and a sudden, unexpected rush of joy. The joy of knowing something just happened that's going to change my life. It brings a feeling of contentment too like I could sit in that moment forever.

I'm excited by the idea of getting to know myself better.  As Adriene reminded me this week, "I have always been the woman of my dreams." We're all born awesome, whole, people.  Then the world gets to us and we forget that.  This journey I'm on is helping me get back to before, back to my awesome true self. And that's pretty inspiring if you ask me. - xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts