Let's Play!

I've been meditating today on the concept of Play and how I can add more light heartedness and play time into my every day life. I often find that I am too much in my head and take my life too seriously.  So going into this week I'm looking for ways I can inject some playfulness into my everyday routines. For me that starts with my Essential Oils routine! 

After nearly 15 years as an oil user I finally got a shelf to display and organize my treasures in my bathroom. It's still not hung, but hopefully it won't take 15 years to accomplish that goal! 😂 I started slowly putting bottles out, one by one, as I used them; not needing it to be perfect, but functional for my needs.  Over time though 5 distinct categories have developed so I thought I would share them with you! 


1. Oils for Success: The last thing I do every morning before I leave the house is apply Gary's Great Day Protocol: Valor, Harmony, Joy and White Angelia, setting my intentions and self care for the day.  I've been out of White Angelica for a while so I've been switching in Oola Fun and Inspiration as an alternative. I've been using this protocol for years and if I had to choose one way to use oils this would definitely be it.  I have a feeling that's why they ended up front and center on my shelf. Nothing subtle about that! 

2. Oils for Immunity: Using coconut oil as a carrier oil I place a few drops each of Peppermint, Lavender, and Lemon on the back of my neck and the bottom of my feet first thing in the morning. As soon as I put them on I can actually feel my sinuses opening up and all the muscles in my face and neck relax. I've only started playing around with this combo recently (we're never done learning!) and it's made a huge difference as the seasons are changing here in Missouri.  The Peppermint also offers a nice energetic boost as I'm moving around my apartment getting things ready for the day. 

3. Oils for the Soul: Something I struggle with is giving myself permission to let go, to feel things and go through them as they are happening to me rather than trying to control them. These 6 oils (Grounding, Surrender, Oola Balance, Highest Potential, Light my Fire, Magnify Your Purpose) remind me that I can handle anything that comes at me and that it's ok to simply let go or lean into it. I don't use them every day, but when I need them they call to me and I know just where to go. I would be nowhere without these magical bottles of love!

4. Oils for the Skin: I went all natural with my skin care routine this summer and started subbing in Young Living's Sandalwood Moisture Cream as my everyday moisturizer. But it's a little thick to use all on it's own. So as I'm getting ready in the morning I reach for Manuka, Sacred Frankincense, Myrrh, or Copaiba.  I few drops of oil goes in with the moisturizer and helps nourish my skin all day long.  As my friend Mel Rob says "My skin feels A-myrrh-zing!" 

5. Oils for the Body: Whether it's sore muscles, stress or digestive trouble Pan-Away, Digize, Peace and Calming and Stress Away have 👏 my 👏 back! 👏 I always have my Deep Relief roll on handy as well! 

As I go into this week, rather than a dependency or need, I'm taking the intention of playfulness with me into my daily oils routine.  Just like Gary's Great Day Protocol, if I start my intention of playfulness with the tools of Young Living I'm sure to have more success carrying it throughout my day! - xo Sydney

*This blog post is comprised purely of my own opinions.  You must make your own choices for the health of your loved ones and yourself. 

Comments

Popular Posts