Essentials With Sydney: Summer's Not Over Yet!

I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone to hear that my summer drink obsession has been Lavender Lattes. #sorrynotsorry they're just SO good! Well since I moved to Washington Heights (and away from the sources of my addiction) I decided to try my hand at making my own Lavender syrup to use but with Essential Oils!


For this I used: 

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
20 drops Lavender Young Living Essential Oil

Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and whisk over low head until the sugar dissolves.  Then add your Lavender oil and continue stirring for 4-5 min. Voila! 

I have added this to Iced Coffee from my new favorite deli, Cold Brew both from home and Whole Foods and it is simply amazing! Plus I know exactly what went into it.  Aka no purple die or chemicals. I will definitely be trying this out for a Young Living Pumpkin Spiced Latte come Fall! 


As I have been learning to Cold Brew at home I have been experimenting with other YLEOs to see how I can get the most out of a cold drink on these last hot days. 

My favorite on the hot HOT unbearable days is Peppermint Ice Cubes.  

You'll need: 

Ice tray (s) 
Peppermint Young Living Essential Oil
Cold/Room Temp Coffee

Simply fill your ice try with the room temperature coffee and add Peppermint Oil to taste.  Since Peppermint is so strong I like to use the toothpick method.  Dip a toothpick into your bottle of Peppermint and swirl throughout each ice cube section to inject it with flavor.  I usually re-dip after every other cube. Popping these Peppermint Ice Cubes into my coffee on a HOT day always ensures a quick refreshing cool down.  :)

Another of my favorites is Orange Oil Cold Brew.  Something I've learned about myself recently is that I favor Citrus and Floral flavored coffee beans.  So I thought to myself, why not try infusing those beans with one of my favorite citrus oils? Don't worry it's not as hard as it sounds.  All I did was add a few drops of Orange Young Living Essential Oil as I was grinding my coffee beans and then proceed to make my Cold Brew as normal.  This extra step adds a wonderful zesty pop that pairs perfectly with an afternoon of answering emails. ;)

Not into coffee? That's ok! My favorite for a light pick me up is to combine Ningxia Red Juice with a little bit of club soda.  It's light and bubbly and makes you feel clean inside and out!

I am definitely starting to get excited for Fall, but these drinks are helping me hold on and enjoy the last dog days of summer! I hope you enjoy! -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts