High Fidelity: Records from Home



I wouldn't be me if I didn't mark my trip with a little record shopping.  And boy am I glad I did! If you haven't been down to Groove Records in Jefferson City RUN THERE! Their selection is huge and varied. I found some pieces I've been looking for for a while. 


The Monkees - by The Monkees
I have been looking for this record for SO long, and now it's finally mine!

You Don't Mess Around With Jim - Jim Croce
I am slowly but surely working my way towards owning his entire catalog. One small step for man...

Sweet Baby James - James Taylor
James Taylor on vocals, Carole King on keys. Need I say more?

Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
I am ashamed to admit this is the first Springsteen to make it into my collection.  I have imposed the appropriate punishment. 

I also stopped by the Jeff City Slackers to see what they had for sale.  You may find this a surprising move, but remember they're how I got all my Record Store Day finds.  Don't write them off Missourians! 


Moonstruck - Original Soundtrack Recording
An amazing movie and an amazing soundtrack.  This is a no brainer.

Grease - The Original Broadway Cast Album
Grease was one of the first musicals I ever fell in love with. Another no brainer. 

What Kind of Man/As Far as I Could Get - Florence and the Machine
This was the only Record Store Day acquisition that I couldn't originally get my hands on.  Now my life is complete. 

The only thing that could make me more excited about these new records would be having a record player that would play whenever I wanted it to instead of whenever IT wanted to.  And I'm working on that! Stay tuned! - xo Sydney 


Comments

Popular Posts