Books and Brunch

Last Sunday I met two friends for brunch.  For me this was a big deal.  I usually work weekends, and if I'm not than I'm running errands or relaxing at home.  But getting out to see Emily and Colleen was totally worth it! 

We ate at Community on the UWS.  The food was great, the service and atmosphere was NOT.  Good thing the company made up for it :) 



The three of us rarely get together, so we asked a man on the street to take our photo. None of us look good in this picture (hellooo horizontal stripes) , but I had to include it because his wife is creepily standing in the background which is just SO funny! 


On our walk we stopped at Book Culture which now has a spot on my "Favorite Places in NY" list.  Why? They have a special desk up stairs where you can write a letter to someone and they mail it FOR you! 


The rest of this blog post is dedicated to Colleen, Emily and their wish to have a blog post all about them. 

"Reading is cool kids. So is texting in book stores." 


"It's good book etiquette to read over your friends shoulder.  It brings you closer together. Just make sure you stand in height order." 


"When you find a good book read it out loud.  Hopefully other patrons will come sit and join you!" 


"When in doubt, strike a pose."


"If that fails, read Tolkien."


"If all else fails, eat soft serve."


I hope you enjoyed this dedication to two of my dearest friends. The brunch life isn't so bad, I should make time for it more often! - xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts