I Miss Astoria

After living in Astoria for two and half years, I moved to Washington Heights at the end of July.  Leaving Astoria was hard.  I'd lived there longer than any other neighborhood in NYC and it really felt like home.  Most of my friends live there, and I'd found my favorite local spots to go to for all my top needs: Coffee, Beers, and BBQ. 

I'm happy about my move to The Heights.  I needed a fresh start and some new energy and I definitely have that here.  But I still wanted to do a post to pay homage to a few of my favorite Astoria things...

Morning walks to get coffee as I start my day.  In my I Heart Astoria tshirt...


This wall of underwear graffiti on my way to get said coffee... 


This is the entry of the building next to mine.  Passing it always made me smile. P. Sherman, 42... 


The gig is up Jessie Pinkman, we know you're here... 


This sunset.


One of my favorite local coffee places.  Lavender Latte central! 


Astoria Bier and Cheese. More like Mecca! 


It's always a great Astoria day when you pass Charlie on your way to get dinner and drinks. :) 


I miss Astoria every day, but as my friends and boss still live there I'll be back there a lot.  And my new building has a barre out front soooo... -xo Sydney 






Comments

Popular Posts