#tonightsbill: May 2015

First let me say, HAPPY TONY DAY! When the nominations went out last month instead of going for the shows that garnered 10 or 12 nominations I got tickets to some of the more under appreciated musicals of the season, and I had a great time! 


Seeing Gigi was SO much fun! Having never seen the movie I really had no idea what to expect going in, but I had a blast.  Vanessa Hudgens lights up the stage and her smile is contagious.  Though I agree there are some fundamental problems with the plot of the show I throughly enjoyed myself and would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun night out. 



It isn't often that you get to see a living legend in the flesh, and Chita does not disappoint. Though this show is definitely strange, it is charming and filled with mystery.  It's worth going to see for the Act 2 ballet alone. 



Two weeks ago I got to see my sister perform with her high school choir at Avery Fisher Hall.  I was so proud and inspired to see their hard work come to life.  A+ little sister! 


Just under the wire, on May 30th, I got up to Connecticut to see some of my good friends in Footloose at Seven Angels Theatre.  Their performances and execution of Janine Molinari and Bobby Gouse's choreography was phenomenal.  I am so happy to claim them as my friends, and this place as one of my creative homes. 


I even got my usher on while I was at 7A.  Thanks Theressa for lending me your name tag.  It was fun to be you for an evening ;)


Now who's excited for The Tony's?!! -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts