The Turner's Take Midtown

Sunday was Midtown exploration day! First stop, the Empire State Building! 


Neither Cary Grant, Chuck Bass, nor Tom Hanks were in attendance, but we got over our disappointment pretty fast. 


Sky high selfie!


Karen, the social media princess in all her glory.


Love this view. 


I don't know how I took this picture of Sam, but it reminds me of Ghost. 


Sam's first dollar slice. 


After lunch we hopped on an Open Loop tour bus for a drive around the city.  This was fueled by equal parts interest and exhaustion but turned out to be a LOT of fun. 


At first I was skeptical about the Open Loop busses because they do their tours by a recording instead of by a real person, but it turned out to be great.  The narrators were clear and precise and the story they played out was accompanied by music that fit each district of the city. Though I'm sure having a tour guide with personal anecdotes would have been cool, I think it may have been difficult to hear at times, whereas I had no trouble hearing the recording through my headphones.


In case you were ever in doubt that were were an attractive family... 


We went to The Standard Grill for dinner and had the most AMAZING Chocolate Mousse. As you can see Sam was very pleased. 

I leave you with this gif. -xo Sydney


Comments

Popular Posts