High Fidelity: Record Store Day

Saturday, April 18th was National Record Store Day!! Imagine my dismay when I had to work ALL DAY and couldn't get out to any of my favorite record stores, while my friends were running round all over the city getting the days limited releases.  I'm looking at you Mateo Moreno! Grr :).

After a very restless night's sleep I woke up Sunday morning determined to get the records I wanted and grabbed hold of the best strategy I could think of, calling record stores in Missouri.  That's right, you heard me, MISSOURI! 

The titles I wanted, Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Tegan & Sara: Live at Zia Records, were incredibly popular and sold out here in NYC but I had an inkling they wouldn't be quite so popular in the MidWest.  So thank you to Slackers in Columbia, MO for making my record store dreams come true, and thank you to my wonderful mother Tami Turner for picking these up and shipping them to me! 


Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Original Cast Recording
Only 4000 copies of this beautiful, bubblegum pink record were pressed and I am the proud owner of #2534.  My favorite part about this album is that you get the full track of "When Love Explodes: The Love Theme from The Hurt Locker" which you only get to hear a snippet of in the show. Thank you Lena Hall and thank you universe.  This record also came with a digital download of the album so I can now rock out all over NYC.

Tegan & Sara: Live at Zia Records - Tegan & Sara
My love for Tegan & Sara runs deep and I am so happy to have another one of there limited releases as part of my collection.  This is a 10 inch pressing which makes it even more special.  And to you out there who got the purple pressings, I am extremely jealous.

The best part of getting these in Missouri? The two of them together cost less than what people were paying the get the Hedwig album here in New York.  The bargain hunter in me will forever be proud of that. -xo Sydney


Comments

Popular Posts