Staycation All I Ever Wanted

My boss is out of the country for three weeks this Summer, and though she left with with a research project and plenty of other work to do, she asked that I take at least one of those three weeks off.  So last week I got to put down my work and have a NYC Staycation. 

Friday, June 5th: Friday was my last day of work before my break, but it was also National Donut Day, so it didn't seem much like work at all! 


Saturday, June 6th: I had to work at Dance Molinari Saturday.  After that I just came home, cooked dinner and watched When Calls the Heart on Netflix.  Don't laugh, it's my new favorite guilty pleasure show. 

Sunday, June 7th: Sunday I woke up and cooked my self a big breakfast, Bloody Mary included and then headed down to my favorite local coffee place, Coffeed, for the first of many Iced Lavender Lattes I was to have this week. 



Then later I walked over the my friend Melissa's house to watch THE TONY AWARDS! What do you do when your best friend lives across the country and can't be with you for fun nights like this? You take pretty selfies with your mutual friends just to let him know what he's missing. lol 



Monday, June 8th: Monday is my laundry and chores day.  Even Staycation couldn't stand in the way of that! But I had my weekly bagel at Panera while my clothes washed and spent the rest of the day relaxing around my apartment and watching Netflix.

Tuesday, June 9th: Tuesday is a heavy dance day for me.  I went to my normal morning classes, but after that I walked up to central park to meet John at the cancelation line for Shakespeare in the Park! 



It wouldn't be summer at the Delacorte without Jim Fluteman-Saxman playing his favorite show tunes. Am I right John? 


SURPRISE Tuesday was the Public Theatre Gala at the Delacorte! There were more celebrities at the performance than mugs.  I stood in line with both Sandra Oh and Tony Kushner.  Only in New York. Too bad I looked like a sweaty street kid after all that ballet! 


The play was beautiful by the way, and there were plenty of empty seats! Get your tail there! 

Wednesday, June 10th: Wednesday I slept in, got dressed, got a Lavender Latte and went to The Strand Bookshop.  I had a bag of books to sell, and I used my store credit to buy the second book in the Outlander series.  I read the first book in a week and I am completely lost in the second one. 






Thursday, June 11th: BEACH DAY! I woke up early, packed my cooler, got (another) Lavender Latte and headed out to Far Rockaway! 




I had the beach to myself most of the morning and there was an awesome breeze.  I drank San Pellegrino Clementine sparklers and read my book.  It was delightful. 


Friday, June 12th: Friday I slept in and then took myself out to lunch at Panera Bread.  My lazy vacation brain got confused, so I left the house two hours before my ballet class instead of one, so I treated myself to a latte and book time at my favorite Midtown place, Frisson Espresso.


Saturday, June 13th: Work again at Dance Molinari, followed up by dinner and drinks with Melissa and Astoria Bier and Cheese! 



 Also, the Cards were playing the Royals, so ya know. #cardinalnation


There were also food truck kebabs. Duh. 


Sunday, June 14th: My last day of Staycation. Breakfast was followed by my last Lavender Latte, and thrifting in Astoria with Melissa. We both found a couple of great things! 



Thanks for following along with my week off.  I plan to spend tonight tidying up my room, making dinner and relaxing with a great movie.  What will you be doing? -xo Sydney 










Comments

Popular Posts