Sincerely, Sydney: Post Cards from Mel Rob

I have a great boss and friend in Melissa Robinette.  She travels a lot both for work and play, and when she does she sends me all kinds of mail.  This has been going on for a while now, and she just got back from a three week trip out of the country, so I thought it was about time I shared some of her post cards here on the blog! 


Last Fall/Winter Mel worked a 5 month contract down in FL while I was freezing my tail off here in NY.  I loved coming home out of the blizzard to find post cards like this waiting for me. NOT! No really I did, but it still made me super jealous. 


At the beginning of June, Melissa got to go to the FIA World Live Performance Conference in Dublin, Ireland on AEA Business! Talk about jealous! She met, swapped stories, and advocated for union actors all over the world... and sent me this post card from Howth Harbour! 


Dublin Post Mark like whaaaaaaaat?! 


After the FIA conference Mel and her husband took a two week vacation to Iceland.  What I knew about Iceland before they got there? "Iceland is always green and Greenland is covered in ice." Thank you Mighty Ducks 2. So I had no idea they had anywhere like this beautiful blue lagoon in South Iceland. 


From Reykjavik I heard about eating whale sushi and the bar they went to that had 100 local beers.  Mel was right, I would have been in heaven. 


My final post card from Iceland was all about black sand beaches and shopping at local craft shops.  For those of you concerned the Bluminettes brought home a wooden chicken. 


Look at all this international postage! For any of my friends who are traveling both in and out of the country, NEVER hesitate to drop me a post card. Receiving it will fill me with infinite joy! 


Do you have any fun travel plans this summer? I head home to Missouri in a week and I am SO excited! -xo Sydney 





Comments

Popular Posts