The Flyer Kid Diaries: The September Issue


As we enter the second half of September, the leaves are thinking about turning, I have begun to dream about my first batches of pumpkin bread and chili, and I am starting to get out my autumn layers, both at home and at work. I have even let myself splurge and pick up a few new things for fall.

Continuing in that direction, I invite you to come with me on a journey and imagine, if you will, what this years fall fashion trends would be if determined by the inhabitants of Times Square....

Lets start at the top. Hair color.  The must have color for the season without question is Poorly Maintained Green.  Whether it's Weathered Lime Green still hanging on from music festival season, or a more rebellious Teal, grungy New York teens and tourists alike are rocking this trend HARD.

Quickly following the seasons hottest hair color is style. I'm calling it now, Fall 2014 is the year of white women in corn rows.  Some are keeping this style classic and letting the braids speak for themselves, but more often than not, a heathy helping of beads are along for the ride accompanying trendsetters as they march to their own unique beat.

Moving on to this years must have accessory we have the ever seductive Adult Braces.  No longer are these instruments of Mid Evil torture just for teens and tweens.  Adults have taken over the show and they are adorning themselves with pride.  Dig out your headgear folks.  It's gonna come in handy this season.

The go to shirt of choice this year, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, the I Heart NY T. This tried and true classic just does not go out of style.  No matter what color you wear it in it goes. Trust me. As far as over layers go,  as long as it is over sized and tied around your waist, WHO CARES!

For pants this season we are seeing something very exciting; patterned leggings.  The Brazilian flag, comic strips, pizza, cats, James Franco's face.  As long as it distorts your body shape and makes you look at least twice your size you're doing it right.

Shoes.  Fall shoe trends are all over the map, but they all have one thing in common.  They are either stepping on my toes, or tripping over my extended leg.  So I try and forget them.

Back to reality.  Aren't you SO glad these are not actually the fall trends rocking our September Issues this year? I know I am!  I will stick with my backless tshirt dresses, and my A-line sweatshirt dresses.  I guess I'm buying a lot of shirt dresses?.... Aaaaaanyway I have a date with my Vogue Bible on Wednesday, but there are many hours in Times Square between me and that date.  Maybe I'll spot some more trends to follow? -xo Sydney


Comments

Popular Posts