PSL Day

One of my favorite parts of the seasonal transition from summer to fall is the new flavors and smells I get to look forward to.  Italian Beef slow cooking in the oven, baking apple pies, and walking around the city with a hot chocolate to keep my hands warm. Over the last few years the world has gone crazy for Pumpkin Spiced everything and I am no exception. But as its popularity has boomed we have started seeing pumpkin things earlier and earlier in the year.  This year I decided to hold out on all of my favorite fall recipes and drinks until half way through September.  It was pretty hard watching everyone walking around flaunting their PSL's as early as September 1, but I'm glad I waited.  On September 17 I brought along my September Issue and took myself out for a PSL date, and it was perfect.










I'm not gonna lie to you, I spent those first two weeks while everyone else was enjoying their rich and frothy PSLs planning out just the perfect outfit for this day.  I'm not ashamed.  Sometimes a girl just needs to create a special occasion for herself to feel pretty, and I had PSL Day.  After the PSL magic was over I made my first batch of chili for the season.  It was a pretty big day.  -xo Sydney 




Comments

Popular Posts