Labor Day

Monday was Labor Day, and since I am usually working a double shift or performing a two show day on holidays I was glad to spend the day how I chose.  This was my first year celebrating Labor Day as a union member, which made me even more grateful for the day off and for those who fought and continue to fight for my rights as a professional actor.  

I got up early and did my normal Monday morning things; laundry, cleaning, etc.  But then, oh then, I made one of my all time summer favorites, tomato pie.  If you have never had a tomato pie before, I am just going to say you are seriously missing out.  Shortly there after, with pie in hand, I headed over to my friend Melissa and Kyle's house for brunch. 




Kyle's bloody Mary's are legendary, legendary, and we definitely enjoyed them.  In equal measure with the pie and bestie Chrisena's gluten free biscuits, of course. ;) 

After spending lots of time catching up and laughing we headed out to enjoy some of our favorite neighborhood spots.  And more laughing of course. 






What did you do this Labor Day? I hope it was something special! -xo Sydney 



Comments

Popular Posts