Sincerely Sydney: Back to School

As far back as I can remember going back to school was always my favorite time of year.  I loved getting to buy new outfits at the Gap (the coolest place to shop in my hometown), and picking out new school supplies.  I would spend the last weeks of summer creating collages and dreaming about exactly what notebook and pencils were going to make me the most successful.  Here's a clue, it was definitely Lisa Frank and Rugrats.

As an adult I still get nostalgic as September rolls around and this year I decided to do something about it.  I was at Staples a few weeks ago picking up some things for work, when I spotted the awesome new school supplies section and decided to send Rachel a "Back to School" care package.

Dear Rachel, 

It's back to school time again and as your oldest friend I thought it important that I make sure you had a few essential items before you start the semester. 

1. Notebooks so that you can take notes during all those important classes.  And so that you can write "notes" about the Mean Girls instead of taking notes. 
2. Pencils to take said notes.  The cute kind, not the practical kind. ;)
3. An eraser, shaped like a lipstick Charlie's Angels style.  For erasing those notes about the Mean Girls before the teacher sees. 
4. Every good student has to have textbooks.  At least this one is fun to read. 
5. Finally, no fall cram session would be complete without a Pumpkin Spices Latte in hand! 

So go forth! Read! Take notes! and PSL! 

Love, 
Sydney :)






How fun is this Disney Princess duck tape?! I love finding new ways to spice up boring USPS packaging, and I knew Rachel would flip over this. But you wanna know the best part about sending a care package to your oldest friend? Sometimes she reads your mind and already has one in the mail for you ask well. I am certainly one lucky girl. -xo Sydney 




Comments

Popular Posts