Essentials with Syd: PSL Syrup

Unless you've been living under a rock like the Geico cavemen you'll know that Pumpkin Spice flavored things are EVERYWHERE! So after the success of my Lavender Simple Syrup this summer I decided to take on the challenge of creating a tasty Young Living Essential Oils PSL syrup. 


The things you'll need: 

1 cup water
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, cloves
5 drops cinnamon bark, nutmeg, cloves, ginger Essential Oils
2 large tbs. pumpkin puree

I based my recipe on this one from A Beautiful Mess.



Combine all the ingredients in a pot, stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.  Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes.  Refrigerate and store in an air tight container, I chose a mason jar. 


I find this syrup particularly tasty on my morning oatmeal or coffee, but I bet it would also be amazing added to hot chocolate. If you had a milk frother you could even make your own Pumpkin Spiced Lattes! Have fun, but don't get crazy! - xo Sydney 


Comments

Popular Posts