Movies that Aren't Christmas Movies: Contemporary

I am someone who doesn't like to watch Christmas movies or listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Scrooge about it, but it's just something special I like to save.  That being said, when I start to feel in the holiday spirit there are a few movies I love to watch to tide me over until it is full blown CHRISTMAS time.


Moonstruck: Cher and Nicolas Cage, New York at Christmas time, the Met Opera. I mean COME ON! Just look at them! Plus, Cher won an Academy Award for her performance so you should check it out if only for that reason. 



Serendipity: If there's a Nic Cage movie on the list of course there's going to be a John Cusack. Serendipity begins as two people meet for the first time 5 days before Christmas and picks up 7 years later as they finally find their way back to each other.  It's the stuff great Rom Coms are made of.  


While You Were Sleeping: I only saw this movie for the first time a few years ago but it has become a staple for me.  Who can't relate to a single girl in a big city just looking for a family and somewhere to belong during the holidays?

In beginning to write this post I realized I had too many favorite movies in this category to fit in all at once so I decided to split them up into two. So stay tuned for Movies that Aren't Christmas Movies: Classics! - xo Sydney 



Comments

Popular Posts