Movie's That Aren't Christmas Movies: Classics

Back for round two? I knew you would be! I know it's now officially time for Christmas movies, so DIVE IN, but these old classics are perfect for those days when you just want a hint of the season instead of the whole fruit cake.


Going My Way: In this film, everybody's holiday favorite, Bing Crosby plays Father O'Malley a young priest from St. Louis, MO sent to Brooklyn to help save a parish in decline.  Crosby won the 1944 Academy Award for Best Lead Actor for his performance and reprised the role of Father O'Malley the following year in The Bells of St. Mary's.  Before you go for White Christmas or Holiday Inn this season, reach for one of these two classics instead. 


The Shop Around the Corner: This is the charming story of two competitive co-workers, Alfred Kralik and Klara Novak, who butt heads over everything. While they're fighting at work they're unknowingly falling in love with each other through anonymous letters.  Sound familiar? YEP! This is the film You've Got Mail is based off of! You're welcome! The story comes to a close on a snowy Christmas Eve and leaves you full of the true spirit of the season. 



Meet Me in St. Louis: Being from Missouri I think I'm especially partial to this movie, and the "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" scene gets me every time.  But what really sticks with me about this film is the buzz and excitement that everyone feels leading up to the Worlds Fair and the ups and downs the Smith family experiences along the way.  As the holiday season continues make sure you add this movie to your list! 

Don't worry, I'm not done yet! I've got a whole list of my favorite B Christmas Movies to share with you soon! So get watching! - xo Sydney 



Comments

Popular Posts