#tonightsbill: April 2015

April was another big month of show going for me, so hang on to your hats! 

I got to see It's Only A Play again, this time with Nathan Lane.  I'm sure they only brought him back to gear up for the Tony's, but I'm not complaining. T.R. Knight also joined the cast, cue Grey's Anatomy fan girl dance! 


Clinton the Musical: Who doesn't want to see a musical about the two sides of Bill Clinton's personality battling it out for supremacy? Did I mention Kerry Butler stars as Hillary? 


On Sunday, April 5th I got to go to the closing performance of Honeymoon in Vegas.  Closing performances are very unique, the energy is unlike anything else you will ever experience.  JRB got up to play the entr'acte and at the end of the show every single member of the band got a solo and their own bow.  Plus, Tony Danza started to cry during his last line.  I am sad this show closed, but I am glad I was there to send it off. 


Living on Love: This cast is totally stacked, and I had a great time watching them scurry around the stage trying to best each other.  Plus the two butlers are hysterical. 


Something Rotten round two! My aunt and uncle came to town a few weeks ago and when they asked what show they should see I said SOMETHING ROTTEN!  Little did I know it was my uncle's first Broadway show! I enjoyed it just as much the second time as I did during previews.  I hope they have good luck at the Tony Awards! 


The last show I saw this month was Dr. Zhivago.  I have the LP of the movie soundtrack so I had high expectations of the music going in, and I was not disappointed.  The score is one beautiful love ballad after another, and the sets are gorgeous.  I've had that record on my turntable ever since! 


I've got big plans for May as we gear up to the Tony Awards! What will you be seeing? -xo Sydney 







Comments

Popular Posts