High Fidelity: Spring in NYC

It's Spring in New York which means two things, it's Tony Season on Broadway, and all the actors lucky enough to book something are headed out of town on jobs.  For me this means pulling out some of my Goodwill finds I'd forgotten I even had. 


I recently saw Dr. Zhivago on Broadway who's hauntingly beautiful music had me reaching for the original film score I bought the summer I was at Okoboji.  This has been the soundtrack to my work week as I sit on my computer. The themes get stuck in your head, but in a good way. 


A bunch of my friends left a few weeks ago to start rehearsals for a production of Footloose in Connecticut, and I've been cleaning my apartment to the soundtrack ever since.  I have Charles Evans to thank for this LP. It hung on his bedroom, or was it the bathroom, wall all through college and he gave it to me when he graduated.

What records does this spring weather have you reaching for? I hope it's something good! -xo Sydney 



Comments

Popular Posts