#tonightsbill: Lady Day

Last week I had the pleasure of seeing Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill at Circle in the Square Theatre on Broadway.  *pause for jealous glare* Now before you get angry, the ticket was a birthday gift from my dad.  Thanks Dad!  

I definitely see my fair share of shows, living in New York.  This evening was a rare treat because I had the opportunity to get properly decked out and step out in style.  I got to go home, put on a nice dress, spruce up my make up, spritz on some perfume, carry a small purse and go to the theatre looking like a lady! 








The show its self was amazing as well.  My jaw was on the floor for the entire first number.  From the moment I stepped into the theatre I was transported by the ambiance; simply blown away.  I was also very moved by the glimpse the show provides us into the last days of Billie Holiday's life.

I feel so lucky to have seen this show, and Audra in her Tony Award willing role.  Not to mention I can finally check seeing her perform off my Bucket List. Have you all gotten to see any great theatre lately? -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts