Big Night In


Given my work/dance schedules and budget I don't get a lot of nights out, which is fine by me.  My favorite activities are all solitary ones, reading, watching Netflix, drawing, listening to records, so the arrangement works out well.  However, every two weeks or so I get the itch to do something outside of my normal routine (home, eat, shower, pass out), so I have a Big Night In.  For me a Big Night In consists of cooking up a delicious dinner and putting on a movie, usually something I haven't seen before. It's just my simple, inexpensive way of making a night at home fell special as opposed to routine. 

Tonight I made one of my summer favorites, Talapia with avocado and purple cabbage slaw.  I also tried something new, Cuban corn on the cob.  This is one of my favorite things to order out and turned out to be so simple to make.  But it burns your lips off, so you better believe I had a glass of milk handy.  




After dinner I watched The Frozen Ground on Netflix. A little about me.  I am a huge fan of what most people would call "bad" movies.  The Twilight Saga is on constant rotation as my "night cap" movie. Anything with an outlandish plot and a dash of over dramatic acting, I'm your girl! And any of the later works of Nicholas Cage or John Cusack, oh forget about it! WELL The Frozen Ground takes my two loves, Cage and Cusack, and puts them on screen together! Needless to say I was thrilled upon discovering it.  The movie actually turned out to be much better than I was expecting, so maybe this is the beginning of a turn around for my two favorite gentlemen.  Who knows? 




If you've never had a Big Night In I highly recommend it.  By the end of the night I was full, happy, and sleepy.  The best part is, I was already home so I got to save fighting with the MTA for another night. ;)

-xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts