High Fidelity: Tony Addition

Let me say up front that about half of my record collection consists of musicals, so it is not uncommon to find my favorites in heavy rotation.  But this last week was TONY week, and having this years nominations and performances in mind brought some things out of my collection I haven't listened to in a while... 


This was one of the first records I ever bought. When I heard there was going to be a performance  from next season's Finding Neverland this was the first thing I reached for.


The re-mount of Roundabout's revolutionary Cabaret revival is one of the biggest events this season.  So clearly I pulled out the original Liza in anticipation of the Tony's!


This year marks the 10th Anniversary of Wicked on Broadway.  Growing up I always liked musicals and thought it would be cool if I could be an actor, but I never really thought about it as a "real job." Discovering Wicked was one of the things that made me realize this is what I was meant to do with my life.  When it came out on vinyl this Christmas I almost didn't know what to do with myself.  Relevance Factor: There was a 10 year Anniversary performance of "For Good" at this year's Tony ceremony. 

Tony night has to be one of my favorite nights of the year.  It is maybe the only day besides the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade where the general public is exposed en masse to what I do for a living.  It makes me so proud to think that I am a part, however small, of this amazing community.  I hope you all got a chance to catch the awards. If not, then you truly missed out.  

-xo Sydney


Comments

Popular Posts