Top Five Daily Uses for Vitality Oils

Hi everyone! Since I've been sharing my love of essential oils here on the blog some of my most popular (and useful) posts have been my Top Five Daily Uses for Essential Oils and my Top Five Daily Uses for Essential Oils at Work.  Now that summer is in full swing here in Missouri and I'm constantly in the kitchen making fresh seasonal dishes I wanted to bring you my top uses for the delicious Vitality line!

First of all, what is Young Living's Vitality line? And why are their labels white? Luckily, there's a simple answer to both thses questions.  The Vitality line are the same oils you've always been using, but they're labeled (in white) for internal consumption.  Aka they're safe to eat! This is awesome, because it opens up a whole new world of cooking and creating which is so exciting. 

Why use Vitality? Not only are they an easy, low calorie, way to add a punch of flavor to your favorite food and drinks, they also deliver the high intensity benefits Young Living Essential Oils have always been known for.  The convenience factor is also a huge plus for me.  I can't always carry fresh citrus with me wherever I go, but I can always carry Citrus Fresh Vitality to add to my green tea when I'm at a coffee shop.

Young Living's Vitality Line is just as volatile and potent as their other oils so adding 1-2 drops, or even a toothpick's worth is enough for most people.  As with any spice, start small and work your way up to your desired level of intensity. 

I could talk recipe adaptations and combinations all day, but let's start off with my top five: 

1. Everyday Cooking - I love food and I love flavor.  So rather than staying in the cabinet, my Vitality oils live on shelves across from my stove so I can easily see and use them in everyday recipes.  Some of my favorites include adding Basil and Black Pepper Vitality to Pesto, Oregano and Basil Vitality to Pizza sauce, and Lemon Vitality to baked chicken. 




Coffee Soda: Coffee Soda is a staple for me in the warmer months.  You get a caffeine buzz and a refreshing sensation from the club soda all at once. I've ranted and raved about my love of coffee soda for the last year or so, and my secret ingredient, the one that puts my drinks above all the rest, is Orange Vitality. The concentrated Orange flavor combined with the bubbles and espresso create something truly delicious and magical. And the convenient size of the 5ml bottle means I can have it anywhere. My friend Melissa recently made a Lavender Coffee Soda and immediately texted me about it.  We're starting a movement here people!



Lighter Cocktails:  When making cocktails at home, rather than sugary mixers I opt for the simplicity of club soda, real fruit juice and Vitality oils. Worried you can't re-create your drink of choice? Lime Vitality Margarita? Check! Basil, Grapefruit Vitality Spritzer? Check! Orange Vitality Old Fashioned? Check! Basic Vodka Soda? Check!

With Young Living's Vitality line you get a cocktail (or mocktail) jam-packed with flavor, but without added sugar or synthetic ingredients.  Win-Win!



Ninxgia Red/Zyng: My favorite afternoon pick-me-up of late has been adding Bergamot Vitality to a can of Ningxia Zyng, Young Living's plant-based energy drink.  The more bitter, floral, citrus essence of the Bergamot perfectly compliments the sweetness of the Zyng and gets all my taste buds dancing.

The benefits of Ningxia Red are countless, though I drink it to support my eye health.  Zyng and Nitro are equally delicious and have recently become one of my Essential Rewards musts.  Not drinking any of the Ningxia products? The Vitality line also tastes delicious in Club Soda, or regular water.  Trust me, I've done the leg work.


Digestion/Immune Support: Nearly every day after lunch I make my way to the office Keurig and brew myself a cup of green tea.  Then when I get to my desk I drop in a few drops of Digize or Thieves Vitality. They up the zest/spice factor of my beverage, and simultaniously provide my insides with all kinds of benefits.



Want to know more about using the Vitality line in your everyday life? I'm hosing a Vitaltiy Cocktail Night TOMORROW in Jefferson City! You can RSVP here. Can't make it to the event? Head on over to Facebook and Instagram for more of my daily oil tips. -xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts