My Top Five Daily Uses for Essential Oils


When people hear I'm an oiler, the number one thing they ask me is how I use them personally. So I wanted to drop in today and offer some advice for those looking for where to start! Here the top five ways I use Young Living Essential Oils in my home every day!

1. Diffuse: Diffusing oils into the air can shift the energy in an instant.  I diffuse Thieves and Eucalyptus Globulous in my Aria diffuser every night as I go to sleep.  The warm, calming aroma helps carry me off the sleep and supports my immune system during the night.



2. Skincare: After all my surgeries, I only want the best products near my eyes. In the morning and the evening, I add 1-2 drops of Frankincense or Copaiba to my moisturizer to help me relax and brighten my complexion.


3. Bath: In the evening, after a long day, I add a few drops of Lavender or Peace & Calming to a hot bath, along with a few handfuls of Epsom Salts to help me unwind. Grab yourself a Kombucha or glass of wine to up the relaxation factor. 😉



4. Laundry: I switched out traditional dryer sheets and detergent for wool dryer balls and Theives Laundtry Detergent a couple of years ago. To give my clothes that fresh smell I crave I add 1-2 drops of Lavender and Citrus Fresh to each dryer ball and pop them right in. My clothes always come out smelling great with a scent that lasts!



5. Home Cleaning: This is another case of "ditch and switch" I use Thieves Household Cleaner, diluted in a spray bottle, for every surface of my home.  I use a higher concentration for the floors, and I combine Citrus Fresh, Thieves Household Cleaner, and Baking Soda to scrub the toilet and tub. I love how one bottle of cleaner is versatile enough to clean my whole house.  It's freed up a LOT of room under my sink.




Looking for more information on adding Essential Oils to your life? Check out my piece in the Jan/Feb issue of City Magazine!  In my article I talk about some of the most basic facts of Essential Oils and busted some of the top myths out there as well! Make sure to pick up your copy at HyVee in Jefferson City, or click on over to read it here. - xo Sydney




Comments

Popular Posts