Start the New Year Right

Let's start the new year right, twelve o'clock tonight, when the dim the light let's begin... The older I get, the more I love the time between Christmas and the New Year. How cool is it that every year, regardless of what has happened to us previously, we get a clean slate and a chance to start over? I'm taking things really slow this year. Partly due to a head cold and partly because I'm enjoying exploring my intentions for 2018 and really rolling around in them to see how they make me feel. 



Part of the joy in setting my intentions each year (and many times throughout) has become the tools I've collected to help me along the way. Each has come to me at a time I needed it most and they've become like old friends I turn to for advice.  Let's take a look!

1. Yoga With Adriene Membership - Being able to do daily yoga at home has improved my mental health drastically in 2017.  Her membership is only $9.99 a month (less than the price of one class at a studio), and grants you access to her app containing her back catalog, as well as exclusive content just for the membership.  I wrote about my experience with her Yoga Revolution program here.  Looking to find mental balance in 2018? This may be for you!




2. Get To Work Book - Is there anything better than a clean black and white planner page just waiting for you to take action? I've been using Elise Cripe's Get To Work Book since the first edition, and it's one of the keys to my sanity.  I love the clean, adaptable format, the paper quality, and the ability to make and accomplish lists.  This baby lives on the corner of my desk and keeps me on track all week long.  In search of a place to put your goals down on paper this year? Look no further.

@gettoworkbook

3. Desire Map - Setting goals is awesome.  But feeling good while you work toward them is even better. What if you cut the crap, stopped grasping at straws, examined how you truly wanted to feel and then set your compas to get you there? Sounds awesome, right? That's what Danielle LaPorte's The Desire Map is all about. 

@desiremap

4. Great Podcasts - I love a good year-end goal setting/intentions conversation, and these two are awesome.

Oprah's Super Soul Conversations podcast has been one of my favorite discoveries this year.  I recently listened to her conversation with Shonda Rhymes about her "Year of Yes" and it was the perfect motivation for me to get excited about my own intentions for 2018.


@shondarhimes
I've been listening to Elise Cripe's One Little Word episodes since she started four years ago and I love having these conversations as a touchstone as I re-group each year.


@elisejoy
5. Young Living Premium Starter Kit:  Are you looking to revitalize your health and wellness in the new year? Are you interested in being the best smelling person in the room? How about having the warmest, most welcoming home on the block? Look no further than essential oils. I fell in love with Young Living Essential Oils because they brought energy, vitality, and new attention to my life. Bring essential oils into your home and, before you know it, you’ll be on your way to a happier, healthier, cleaner life for you and your family. Who doesn’t want that?

6. Fall Back on Your Tribe and Mentors: No matter where you live or what you do, having a core group of like-minded people to keep you going is incredibly valuable.  When I need support, I fall back on my friends Molly and Mel Rob.  Our journeys started as Student/Teacher, moved to Admin/Boss and now we're in the throes of long-distance friendship! Lucky for you, they both have incredible businesses built around setting creative intentions and helping you make your dreams come true! 

Let's hear from Molly: 

 As a coach, I help creative people and performers of all kinds make transformational change so that they can feel their most confident on stage and moving through the world.
Together we will get absolutely clear on how you interact with your thoughts and feelings both while you are creating and while you are living your life!  
Through my 3-step transformation method, Own Your Voice, we will work with the over-active brain chatter until we free up space for you to unapologetically express your authentic voice. Each step is a building block that will 1) move you through identifying your current road blocks, 2) clarify your zones of strength as a person and performer, and 3) bring you to a place of maximum efficiency and freedom in your artistry and your life.

Now from Mel: 

The Biz of Show came about from my childhood growing up in the circus. In the circus, you learn just as much about the biz side of the industry as you do the artistic side. The Biz of Show teaches other actors how to get more callbacks, book more work, negotiate your own contract and become the Chief Kick-ass Officer of your own life!

6.5 If there are any ladies (or gentlemen) who do this kind of work in the Jeff City area get at me!

7. Ladies Playlist: Sometimes you just need a playlist of awesome songs by awesome lady artists to get you in the mood to set new intentions and goals.  Don't worry friends, I've got you covered! 




Say "Yes," be the change, take action! You are worthy of a second chance. Just writing up this list for you has me fired up to take on my own 2018 intentions.  So what are you waiting for?! – xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts