#100DaysToWriteItOut

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019, marks the beginning of The 100 Day Project.  To put it simply, The 100 Day Project is a free, online community art project where each participant chooses one creative task to perform each day, every day for 100 days.  Some people watercolor, some choose to animate, some sew.  One of my favorites from last year was Tracy Benajmin's #100DaysArtBeforeBreakfast where she did a small watercolor each morning over coffee before her breakfast.  For Elise Joy's #100CraftAdventures she took a break from work and life for at least 5 minutes each day to do something creative. Her results were so freeing and inspirational to follow.

I have chosen as my project to write for at least 15 minutes every day.


I write as part of my job, but often not about things that have great personal significance to me.  I often find myself with ideas in my head that sit there clutterirng my head until they germinate, or I decide I have time to sit down and fully flesh them out.  Through this 100 Day Project, I hope to develop my creative process to a point where I make dedicated time for myself to get my ideas down on paper (or in my hard drive), to give those ideas life and purchase, to lighten my mental load a bit and make way for growth.  Seriously, even sitting down today (Sunday) to write this post has made me feel so much lighter. Carrying around unfulfilled ideas is heavy work, you guys!

What kind of writing will I do? Some self-reflection, some book reviews, letters, maybe some creative writing or poetry? Who knows? I certainly don't expect to sit down and churn out a finished piece each day.  My main goal is simply to write. On purpose. For 100 Days. And see what happens.

You can follow along with my progress at #100DaysToWriteItOut on Instagram, as well as what I publish here.  100 days and counting! Here we go! - xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts