Essentials with Syd: Travel Fail!

Hi everyone! I set out to put together an awesome #SuperOilSunday post for you all about how I travel with my Essential Oils. Well, I'm still here to talk to you about that but the story I have to tell is very different than the one I intended to tell.

First, the basics.  Find a case you like and go with it! To go through security I always put my bottles in a clear plastic bag, (making sure their lids are on nice and tight) then as soon as I have a chance I return them to my day to day case.  It's light, machine washable and personalized :).  The major bonus is it keeps my oils organized and easy to use.

Young Living has many cases on offer, and I've even seem some people use a clear cosmetic bag so they don't have to switch things up after security. Bonus!


When I'm traveling, whether by plane, train, or automobile, I like to keep Deep Relief and DiGize on hand.  Moving your luggage around all day, even if it is on wheels, can take an unexpected toll on your muscles, but Deep Relief does the trick every time.  And can we talk about airport food? DiGize to the rescue! 


I made last weeks trip to Ohio to see my cousin Benjamin play his Senior Trumpet recital at The Ohio State University.  So in addition to my regular routine I packed Oola Fun and Friends to help this socially anxious girl open up and enjoy herself. 


I had SO much fun on this trip.  Only a small section of our family attended so I got to spend quality time with everyone, especially Benjamin.  Also, the food in Columbus is great! 😍 That being said, by day 3 I was on social overload and without the tools I needed to deal with it! 😱 Everything worked out ok, but let me just say that travel day was not fun. 

With London less than a month away, here's what I learned that I'll be applying next time I travel.

1. As long as you still make the necessary travel requirements don't make sacrifices just to be more low maintenance. It's silly! Better to be high maintenance and happy than low maintenance and crabby!

2. Consider the different situations you may find yourself in and what will help you get through them.  I thought about the change in climate, overall balance, and social interaction but I didn't consider travel stress at all.  BIG mistake. 

3. Don't pack on the fly.  Make lists. And if you need to downsize any of your products into smaller containers, do it in advance.  Last minute stress of any kind is just simply not worth it! 

4. Pack the USB diffuser. Just do it. 


Here's to imperfections, learning from our mistakes, and surviving the consequences! Talk to me about your travel fails, Essential Oil or otherwise! I'm in full on prep mode for London and looking for all the advice I can get! -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts