D.C. I Love You!

Right now Washington D.C. is probably my favorite city.  It gives me the same feeling New York used to before I lived here like, "this is a place people come to get shit done!" And I love that. I am lucky that my Dad has meetings there twice a year and SUPER lucky that I got to join him for a few days in March.

Our first stop was obviously to the National Portrait Gallery to have a one on one with #26 himself, Teddy Roosevelt.

Hey there China Town, looking good!


Had to stop for Happy Hour at my brother's favorite DC spot. You're right bro, the wings are amazing.


We stumbled on this place as we were leaving dinner and HAD to go in for a nightcap.  Alexander Hamilton, besides being the topic of a musical about to take Broadway by storm, was the father of the American Treasury after all, and we were in D.C. for a meeting of the American Bankers Association. The photo below is an out take from Hamilton's photo shoot for the $10 bill. 


Arlington National Cemetery.  Beautiful and peaceful.





Hey Obama! 


I brought all the class, and all the sass to D.C. on this trip. 




My paternal grandfather, fought in both World War II and the Korean War.  Getting to see both of those memorials with my father was really special.




Not my favorite pair of Roosevelts, but still pretty cool people. Thank you House of Cards for alerting me to this beautiful monument.



Our second night in D.C. we got a private tour of the Capitol from one of the Missouri Representatives. Super cool. 






The Capitol dome under construction from the inside...


... and the outside. 


The next day I got to accompany my Dad to his meetings on the Hill.  Though what I do as an actor often feels so different from what my Dad does as a community banker it was interesting to realize that our industries have many of the same concerns.

It's also worth noting that I survived this day wearing 3 inch heels.  Thank you ballet for making my feet so strong!


Until next time D.C. I will miss you! -xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts