Galentines Day!

* This post is dedicated to Amy Pohler and all the writers at Parks and Rec without whom Galentines Day would not exist. * 


I love Galentine's Day.  Maybe more than any other holiday of the year. I mean, who doesn't want an extra special day on the calendar to have fun appreciating your best friend? If you don't want that you should probably stop reading.  See you later! For those of you who are new to the concept of Galentine's Day, please see the official description below: 

'What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, Leslie Knope and her lady friends leave their husbands and their boyfriends at home and just kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus, frittatas!'

You may see the full Galentine's Day page here. Go ahead. Read it. I'll wait. 

I'm glad you're back! This year Chrisena and I spend Galentine's in and around Union Square visiting some of our favorite places.  First stop, Starbucks! This year on the February 13th and 14th Starbucks had a special pairings menu.  Chrisena and I chose the Flat White/Chocolate Croissant pairing.  YUM! 

Thanks Starbucks for teaming up with Match.com to bring us these adorable hearts on our cups this February! Next we took a walk through The Strand! Getting lost here is one of my favorite things to do on a cold winter day. 


Chrisena and I both found lots of new titles that interested us.  Unfortunately everything we wanted was always juuuuust out of reach. 



I saw this book on the way out and said to myself "Wow! That looks great, I'd probably be really into that!" and then I saw the sign... #oldmanforlife


Having fulfilled our need for new books we headed over to one of my favorite restaurants in the area, Tortaria for Tacos and Margaritas! I like this place because the atmosphere is great, the drinks are strong, and the price is reasonable.  Plus, it is close to movie theaters, parks and shopping so it's a great place to stop and recharge in the midst of a busy day. 


As the cherry on top of this already amazing Galentine's celebration, Chrisena and I saw 50 Shades of Grey, which was a blast.  Being one of the 5 women and America who has not read the books, I had no expectations going an accept to have a good time, and I did! If you'd like to hear Chrisena's thoughts, check out her review on The Arts Wire Weekly! That's right! My best friend is not a professional reviewer! She won't brag about it, but I can because she's my person! 


We took my Instax along for the day and obviously took the time to take Photo Booth picks at the movie and I am SO glad we did.  Taking photos on your phone is one thing, but having instant physical reminders of this amazing day is even more special.  Did you do anything special to celebrate with your Galentines? I want to hear about it! -xo Sydney 




Comments

  1. I don't know how on earth we can top this year's Galentine's Day... But I'm pretty excited to see what adventures we go on next year!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts