High Fidelity: Reckless Records

*Warning: This post is so meta*


When I was in Chicago last month one of the stops I knew I had to make was Reckless Records.  For those of you in the know, Reckless is the real life store that Championship Vinyl was based off of for the High Fidelity movie!   


I have to say, this was maybe the most chill record store I have ever visited.  There was zero attitude from either shoppers or staff.  Plus there was a large variety of both popular and obscure titles.  I don't have much that I am looking for these days, but I did get Vampire Weekend's Contra.  My favorite of their albums, but for some reason I didn't have it? 


Rachel walked away with Voulez Vous (Abba) and hte new Black Keys.  It was a successful day for all.  :)  


I am so happy to have checked Reckless off my bucket list.  Are there any legendary record stores you think I should check out? -xo Sydney 


P.S. Frozen on vinyl is a thing.  Lets all just take a deep breath and let that wash over us.... 







Comments

Popular Posts