#tonightsbill: Violet

As you may know, I am currently splitting my time between doing my show up state and working my normal job in NYC. This past Wednesday, after what felt like an extra long seven hour shift, I got to take a break from the hustle and see the Roundabout Theatre Company's production of Violet.  


This is one of those times where it really is all about who you know.  A big Thank You to my friend Michael who got us the tickets through a friend of his. We had great seats, and we were also able to get access to to the VIP cocktail lounge before the show where there was free wine. I'm sorry, did I mention the FREE WINE??!


I have been a fan of Sutton Foster ever since I first heard the soundtrack to Little Women in High School.  Little Women is my favorite book, and hearing that beautiful score sung by Sutton and company brought my favorite story to life in a whole new way!

This show reminded me why I became a fan of Sutton to begin with. Her voice is so clear, her heart so open and warm.  Getting to watch her perform was like wrapping myself up in a warm blanket and curling up in a comfy chair. Go see it before it closes August 10! -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts