Coney Island: Chrisena's Birthday

A couple of weeks ago, on a rare Saturday off, I headed out to Coney Island to celebrate my friend Chrisena's birthday, and what a time we had.  I packed a cooler, Chrisena made an amazing gluten free cake (white cake with lemon icing) and we just enjoyed spending a day in the sun. It just so happened to be the Summer solstice so there was also an abundance of #mermaidswag.  













Once it started to cool down Sena and I headed back to the city and saw How to Train Your Dragon 2. We both loved it.  Obviously.  Because cartoon dragons and Scottish accents.


Days like this in New York are very special to me.  It is so rare in a city like this that you get to take a break and feel like you are somewhere else when you're really only a train ride away from home.  Taking time to celebrate those closest to you is also a rarity in New York City life, when you're always hustling, always trying to get to your next destination, where your wheels are always turning.  Thank you Summer solstice for giving me the break I needed. -xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts