Truman Museum


A couple of months ago I spent an afternoon of what can only be described as pure magic at the Harry Truman Museum & Library in Independence, MO. I was at once energized, in awe, and completely nerding out!! What follows are the photos I took to mark the occasion. 












In taking on this Presidential Bookshelf challenge I know I won't remember all the specifics and nuance of each man's presidency, but I hope to come away with a better understanding of their place in history and of the mark they left as individuals. 

With Harry Truman, I was struck by his humanity.  He was just a farm boy from rural Missouri who lived with joy and went after all his pursuits just as doggedly as he did his childhood sweetheart. He was unprepared to become president and was immediately faced by some of the most impossible decisions our world has ever seen.  But he faced them, as he did everything else, trusting his advisors and his gut and choosing ultimately what he thought best for the people whom he was charged to serve. I feel truly touched by this man's spirit and his legacy.  It was a pleasure to dive deeper into his presidency and his person.  From one bespectacled Missourian to another, thanks for givin' 'em hell Harry! -xo Sydney 









Comments

Popular Posts