Retina Recovery


Monday, July 10th: Physically, I'd say I'm recovering better than I have after any of my procedures thus far. Mentally, not so much.

I can't quite put my finger on it. I feel like my interests in everything has flat lined. I'm not especially depressed, but I'm not excited or looking forward to anything either.

I know one thing for sure, sitting at home and bingeing Netflix isn't going to help, but I have no desire to get creative about out of the house activities. The thought of it completely annoys me. I remember, from last summer, this feeling of complete hopelessness.  Nothing and no-one could drag me out of my mental fog or help me recover any faster.  At least now I have a job and somewhat of a routine to return to.  🙏

Trust me, I'm cutting myself a lot of slack throughout this process. I'm already my harshest critic,  I don't need to be my own bully too! I'm finding moments of levity throughout each day but overall my mental picture is still very cloudy.

Things that ARE helping:
-Summer Reads: Thank you Nicholas Sparks for sponsoring my mental recovery. Throughout my life reading has always been a source of solace for me and I'm falling back on that now.
-Cooking: I feel both productive and creative when I'm behind the stove. Maybe I'll opt in to next week's Blue Apron box and have some extra fun in the kitchen.
-Moving: Slowly getting back into my yoga routine and out for walks around downtown.

So I'm holding on to this list of Dos and hoping for the best. Stay tuned!



Friday, July 15th: I feel so totally different today than when I started writing this post on Monday and what I think it boils down to is exceptional Self Care.

I listened to what my body and soul needed and I fed it.  Extra exercise, quiet moments for reading, extra time in the kitchen and it worked! Taking the time for self care gave me enough moments of joy to let time and patience do their thing.  I feel so much more like myself and I can't tell you what a relief that is! I even wore mascara and a new outfit yesterday! So here's to listening, to joy, to patience and to self.  Let's carry those into the weekend! - xo Sydney


Comments

Popular Posts