Celebrate Good Times, Come On!


I spend a lot of time in my writing discussing issues I'm working through or my process of finding balance. But today I wanted to take the opportunity to shed light on the positive space I'm in right now.

Though I certainly find it challenging to share the details of my feelings when I'm going through a difficult time, I often find it more challenging to share openly about the good times. Opening up about a struggle I'm having serves a purpose. It breeds the hope that my experiences will give someone else encouragement when they need it most.  But what good can I do by sharing the fulfilling moments in my life? Isn't that just bragging? In the Instagram vs. Rea Life battle aren't the messy moments more real life than the shiny ones? I'm not so sure...

I think the truth here lies in that the happier moments in our lives aren't perfect, and they don't last forever.  Rather, they're hard-won, fleeting moments of fulfillment, earned through determination and buckets of tears. But what comes of all of that hard work if we deprive ourselves of the opportunity to stop, breathe in and feel good when the opportunity presents its self? To actually notice and show gratitude when things go "right."

I'm still in a transitional phase.  I have many dreams for what the next year holds, and my jagged path is far from clear. Yet, for the moment, I find myself on a grassy bank basking in the sun, feeling newfound joy in my life, and saying a little prayer that I may remember this moment next time I find myself on shaky ground in the middle of a storm.  Which, in all truth, maybe tomorrow, or maybe two weeks from now.  All I know for sure is that today I stand in gratitude. -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts