#100DaysToWriteItOut: Day 50!


Today marks Day 50 of #The100DayProject and I'm here to report I'm still going strong! I'm also here to admit my performance has not been perfect.  I've missed three out of the 50 days, but I am committed to this process, to this practice, and missing those days has taught me valuable lessons.  Not the least of which is that it's OK to miss one day as long as you keep going the next.

If you're sitting there wondering, "What the heck is this #100DayProject she's going on about?" you can find a full write up of my project, #100DaysToWriteItOut here. Then come back and join us!

Things I've learned so far:

- If I don't write at some point during the morning, the chances of me completing my 15 minutes for the day drastically decrease.  The day easily gets away from me and it just doesn't happen.

- Sometimes, writing a thoughtful Instagram caption, like the one I did for my birthday is all I have time for.  And that's ok. To me, it's about the thoughtfulness and intention behind the writing, not what form it takes.

- Creativity breeds creativity. In the past, I've gone weeks or months without writing anything because I felt I didn't have anything to say. I've been more productive over the last 50 days than I have in the last year simply because I put something on paper each day.  And it feels like a miracle. My head is clearer, my heart is lighter, and I'm more consistently in fulfillment.

- There's still a pressure to produce, but with each day that burden feels lighter. I'm leaning into the process, slowing down, taking the time to let my ideas fully develop rather than dashing them out, afraid they'll be lost. Like anything else, if I miss the boat, it's not my boat. I still find the process of it all frustrating at times, but I'm learning to enjoy it more. #success

- I've gained some clarity about where my strengths and true interests lie as a writer. And surprise surprise it's books, personal reflection, and activism. What a shocker.

Books: February, March, April

Personal Reflection: I Choose Me, Things to Remember, When I'm Feeling Bratty, Tortoise and the Hare, Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Activism: Salute the Reuser, Is This Home?

Moving into the second phase of this project I'm looking forward to further giving into the process, continuing to build this practice, and pushing myself to own my successes with confidence.  Thank you for joining me for this ride! - xo Sydney



Comments

Popular Posts