#YogaRevolution: Week Four

As I mentioned in my last post, this week I am on the road a lot and keeping different hours that usual. This will be a challenge, but I'm ready for it!

Day Twenty-Two: By a show of hands who else needed this practice today! I pulled a double shift at my weekend job yesterday and my body was SORE this morning.  So imagine my surprise and delight to see today's GENTLE practice show up in my inbox. Thank you Universe and thank you Adriene! Week Four is off to a great start!



Day Twenty Three: πŸ˜†πŸ’πŸΌπŸ€—πŸ¦„ sums up how I felt about this morning's practice. This gentle energizing exercise is exactly what I needed at the start of this business trip. Talk about DISCIPLINE! Bringing my "road mat" with me this week was so the right choice.

Day Twenty Four: PATIENCE indeed. It was not easy waking up at 5:15 to get this practice in but I am so glad I did it. I was worried this week about traveling and getting my practice in and what that would mean for my energy level and focus, but I got up from this feeling energized and ready to suit up for another day in SEMO!



Day Twenty-Five: The order of this week's practices couldn't have been better. After two long days in the field at SEMO waking up to a swift and effective 18-minute ROOT practice is just what the doctor ordered.  I feel grounded and ready to get back to my regular routine.

Day Twenty-Six: Ok, who loved this morning's CREATIVITY practice? I was so into that walking down dog into plank situation.  For once my energy was high (or as high as it gets at 7 am) and I was excited about the practice.  What a difference a few good nights sleep can make!

Day Twenty-Seven: I can't say that my energy was as high this morning or I was feeling as good as yesterday, but I still got a lot out of this morning's SELF practice. This practice reminded me a lot of those I've had in a studio setting and it was a nice reminder of how I can always adjust that instruction to better fit my needs. :)

Day Twenty-Eight:  I completed today's HEART practice in my hotel room in St. Louis just before getting ready to go to a friends wedding. How perfect! Those high lunges really got my legs and feet warmed up for the dance floor. And who doesn't need to occasional reminder to be open to love? πŸ’–

Day Twenty-Nine: TRUTH time! Today was another 9 pm practice day for me and I definitely needed a gentle one to help me recover from the past few days. Thank you, Universe for handing me the perfect bedtime practice on the day I needed it most!

Day Thirty: Guys, #YogaRevolution is almost over, but checking in with my INTUITION today throughout practice made me feel a little better about that.  I've been taking some mental notes along the way of practices I want to revisit and ways I can continue an, if not daily, certainly consistent home practice.  Who is ready for day 31?!

Day Thirty-One: Today it was just me, the sunrise and Surrender and Valor. I know Adriene gave us the option to forgo her practice and create our own, but my inner teacher was telling me to follow along. I held some poses for longer, others for shorter and get this, I actually enjoyed the balancing postures! In following Adriene I touched base with the progress I've made over the last 31 days and looked ahead to how I want to move forward. HOORAY! We did it! PRESENCE my friends! Namaste. - Syd



Comments

Popular Posts