My Day at the NASDAQ

Last month my dad made a last minute trip to town to ring the closing bell of the NASDAQ! This was simultaneously so cool and so out of my world.  Luckily for me it was over Labor Day weekend so I got to spend a few days living like the big dogs! 


Monday morning I took Dad to brunch at The Grey Dog.  I have been telling Dad about this place ever since I moved to New York, I even got him their beans and a coffee mug a few years ago, so it was a lot of fun to be able to take him to see it in person.  

For those of you in Mid MO, Dad's judgement was that it was the "Coffee Zone if NYC." High praise coming from someone who works on East High! 


And since business trips, like vacations, are all about the FOOD we went to The Standard Grill for dinner.  Our dinner was great, of course, but you really go to The Standard Grill for the desert.  Say hi to Frank everyone.  He sit's on Hawthorn's board and came to ring the bell with my dad. 


Cut to Tuesday afternoon. My two worlds collide. I can't tell you how cool it was to see the Hawthorn Bank logo all over the NASDAQ lobby. 


At this point Dad was getting a taste of my world as the producer put him through a dress rehearsal of the actual event. 


Taking part in this historic moment of Hawthorn history made me so proud to be from Jefferson City, and to be representing that community every day here in New York. Happy 100th Anniversary Hawthorn! Jeff City, I'll see you in December! - xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts