Sincerely Sydney: An Acting Exercise

Last week I started a new acting class, and for my first assignment I had to do a 2-3 min object exercise.  For this specific assignment it had to be a task that I do in everyday life and in my own surroundings, so of course I chose letter writing! 



First I planned out what I would write, since it had to be the same every time.  So theses were definitely "Hey how ya doin" types of post cards. Then I took a few minutes and decided who I would write to.  There were the obvious like Charles, Rachel, and Chrisena but I also chose some people I don't usually write to, like one of my college professors and my career coach. Next came the fun part! I went through my stash and picked out a bunch of post cards from the Met and MoMa that I had had for a while, choosing a specific post card for each specific person, and away I went! 



I had to rehearse my 2-3 minute routine throughout the week leading up to my first class, but because I had chosen something I really love to do it didn't feel like a chore.  Having to practice just gave me an excuse to write more letters than I would have if it were just a one-off in class exercise! Who have you all written to this week? I hope it was someone special! -xo Sydney 

Comments

Popular Posts