Snow Day!

As many, if not all, of you may know, NYC was hit with a big snow storm earlier this week.  Beginning Monday afternoon my dance classes, lessons and auditions were all canceled.  Broadway even shut down for the night! Winter superstorm Juno turned out to be less than was anticipated, but it still gave us busy New Yorkers (most of us at least) a chance to slow down and enjoy a nice liesurely day in our pajamas.

Once the storm calmed down I took a walk around my neighborhood and snapped some photos.  I love New York in the snow.  To see a city that is usually so busy come to a complete halt is a pretty cool thing.  There is this indescribable peaceful energy that blankets everything.  It's eerie and awesome and I love it.







Magical things happen when it snows.  You get a reprieve from your crazy hectic week, everything old gets a fresh blanket of white and is made new again. I felt like Loreli Gilmore wondering around Stars Hollow.  The only thing missing was Max Medina and his broken down Mustang. -xo Sydney 



Ps.  Please enjoy this photo of me hoarding these French Toast Crunch.  It was my favorite cereal as a kid and it just got re-released.  Needless to say I made a special trip to Brooklyn to stock up before the storm. 


Comments

Popular Posts