High Fidelity: Christmas Swag

Christmas time has come and gone and we're on to the dreary grey days of January. *dance party* Luckily my friends and family took care of me this Christmas and gave me a lot of great music to help get me through.

International Superhits! - Green Day
As a teenager, Green Day's music helped to shape my musical taste (I worshiped at the alter of American Idiot), but I somehow, until now, have gone without buying any of their music.  Thanks to my sister Karen for getting me their early greatest  hits.

She & Him - Classics
This album is perfect.  I love Zooey and M. Ward's original music. LOVE. But it's about time these two put their unique stamp on some classic tunes.  And they do not disappoint.  Do yourself a favor and give this a Spotify. Thanks Mateo!

Shovels and Rope - O' Be Joyful
Confession.  I have never heard of this group, nor have I even listened to this album yet (I just got it in the mail yesterday). But I already know I am going to love it, because Alex picked it out for me, and out of all my friends Alex is the one I can always trust to guide me to new pockets in my musical taste and bring me back to my country roots.  Thanks Alex! I can't wait to start listening to this!

Where The Light Is: Live in Los Angeles - John Mayer
This album is the holy grail.  The MVP.  The end all be all of records for me.  Let me explain. Where The Light Is is a 4 LP set of songs compiled from three live concerts John Mayer gave in 2007.  There is an acoustic set, a set with his group John Mayer Trio, and a band set. I have had the CD since I was in college, but my eye has always be on the LP.  Wanting, dreaming, salivating.... and this year Santa aka bestie Rachel came through!

If the vinyl gods are listening, if I could only get my ands on a copy of Johnny Cash: Live at Folsom I can quit and die a happy woman.  Just saying. -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts