Let Light Find You

I wouldn't describe myself as an angry person.  Emotional, sad, anxious, sure.  But rarely angry.  For the last few weeks, the only place I feel at peace is on my mat.  Almost as soon as I step off each day my anger is triggered, and I work the rest of the day to shake it off. I'm not proud of this.  Of the anger, or of how I'm handling the stress that comes with it.

It's manifesting itself in a short temper, tension headaches, more cocktails than usual, exhaustion, bratty behavior... Anger is really not a cute look on me.

As with any other bump in the road when I'm struggling I turn to my toolbox and see what jumps out at me.  My yoga practice has been a godsend, allowing me at least 15-20 minutes of relative peace each day.  I've been getting out and walking, taking in as much fresh air as possible.  Oiling up, of course, doing some research as to how I can better deploy that arsenal to get at the root issues of my anger.  Taking the moments of peace I come upon and cherishing them while they last.  But the thing I've found most helpful, and that I keep coming back to is this, "Let the light find you."

About three weeks into this anger journey I was walking outside to roll out my mat for morning practice and I caught a glimpse of the sun shining through a hibiscus tree landing perfectly upon a blossom still curled up from the evening chill.  It was as if, in that moment, the light were piercing through the storm within me and shining a ray of light upon my soul, leaving me this meditation. Let the light find you.


Do what you can, use your tools, and then let go. Let the light find you.

As if that message weren't enough, once I settled down on my mat and pressed play on that morning's video I was greeted with this message, "You are getting stronger by the day.  Not just in this physical body, but in this connection to mind and heart." Bless you, Adriene Mishler.


Let the light find you.

The funny thing is when you open yourself up to the will of a higher power things start to click into place. Disco ball reflections on the wall, incredible poolside sunsets, rainbows in flower beds, light, upon light, upon light.


I am far from through with this anger, those firey, underlying issues are still there, but I'm moving forward toward a resolution and that's enough for now.

Complete is better than perfect.  Moving on is better than holding on. You are better than your anger. Let the light find you. -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts