Karen's Two Scents

It's that time of year again! We're all squeezing in the last bits of summer and preparing to resume our Fall routines.  I won't be going back to school myself this year, but my younger sister Karen is already moved in at Mizzou, and preparing to help her sorority with rush! Classes haven't even started and her schedule is already packed from morning to night.  So how's she doing it? You guessed it! Young Living Essential Oils!

Karen, take it away...


College can be stressful, as I’m sure some of you know, but Young Living Essential Oils help make the long days a little bit easier. My name is Karen Turner, I’m a twenty year old college student who uses Young Living in my everyday life!

Here are five ways I lean on my oils as a college student! 

1. Stress Away Roll-On

Running around campus trying to get from class to class is stressful and usually doesn’t allow me enough time to run back to my sorority house to apply a little Stress Away. I started keeping my roller in my backpack so when I need a little pick me up I can pull it out and roll it on easy!! I also keep one in my purse! 


2. Morning & Night Diffuser 

I share a room with three other people which means sometimes there can be a lot going on. When I find myself or my roommates getting tense, nervous, or exhausted, I turn on my Desert Mist Diffuser with 4 drops of Peace & Calming and 4 drops of Lavender to help calm the energy of the room. 



3. Peppermint Tummy 

I’ve always had stomach issues, ever since I was little, and then when my time of month comes along my cramps are almost too bad to stand sometimes. When I feel my stomach start to get upset I rub a little bit... okay, a lot... of peppermint all over my stomach. The oil tingles on my tummy and feels amazing!! This oil is definitely a life saver in a sorority house! 

4. Panaway Dreams 

Getting back to school is tough because I always forget how much walking is involved. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to mostly every class and with 3 or 4 classes a day, that can add up! When I was 11 years old I was told by multiple doctors that I have the flattest feet they had ever seen. This causes major foot discomfort for me, which ultimately ends in me not wanting to walk to class. Which brings me back to Panaway! Every night before bed I rub three to four drops of Panaway on the bottom of my feet and the relief is almost instant. The part I love most about it is that I can sleep through the night and I still wake up with relief! 

5. Lemon Vitality

Dining hall food can get a little bland sometimes but with essential oils you can spice up basically every meal! One of my all time favorite meals is shrimp fettuccini and, I kid you not, every time I eat it I put 3 drops of lemon in it and it changes the whole dish!! You can try this with water as well and have yourself a refreshing lemon water; which is what I like to do on days I need a little pep! 

Being an Oiler in college is one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had; It allows me to make connections with an amazing community and as a twenty year old, connections is one of the best things to make! I truly don’t know what I would do without Young Living Essential Oils in my day to day routine and I hope you found some of my tips to be helpful! - Karen


How many of you can see yourself integrating Karen's tricks into your day-to-day routine? I had to stand on concrete for two hours at work today and I am already looking forward to getting home tonight to try her Pan Away application technique!

As an oiler of 15 years, I'm so proud to see my sister grab on to this lifestyle and run with it! Follow all of our oily endeavors on Instagram via EssentialsWithSyd, KarensTwoScents, and #TurnerWellnessTribe.  Interrested in joining our Oily family? I'm shipping off a bottle of Tea Tree Oil to the next person who purchases their Premium Starter Kit with me! -xo Sydney

Comments

Popular Posts