Fall Bucket List 2017

Hi everyone! I had so much fun writing up and knocking out my Summer Bucket List I decided to make a new one for Fall! All that excitement is below, but before I get to that I want to share how my Summer Bucket List turned out!



Sonic - I came. I slushed. I conquered.

Homemade Pesto - My plant yielded enough for two big batches throughout the Summer and I made the most of it! Lots of pasta, chicken, and toast. Yum!


Tomato Pie - I made this gluten free beauty for a work party that got canceled.  Too bad I had to eat the whole thing myself!


Read More For Fun - Some books I loved, some I'm still slogging through, but overall it was a great Summer for reading! :)


Sun, Sun, SUN - Mission accomplished.  Thank you to Mark and Alice for letting me sit by your pool so much this Summer!



Baseball Game - The night before my surgery in June I headed up to STL with my family for a Cardinals game! We hit Broadway Oyster Bar and got to sit in the Green Seats!




Weekend in KC - I got to see Colleen in both of her shows this summer, including the World Premiere of Between the Lines at the KC Rep! Be on the lookout for this charming musical as it makes its way toward NYC!



Explore New Creative Outlets - I've been writing more, putting new things into practice and generally cutting myself a break. I'm excited to build on this momentum in the Fall.

De-Clutter Apartment/Organize Stationary:  Completing these tasks felt so good and motivated me to make a few other aesthetic improvements to Apartment 6.  As a result, I'm having people over more and really enjoying it!

Drive-In Movie - Capitol City Cinema did an outdoor screening of The Birds in Riverside Park.  I'd never seen the movie and it was so fun!



Summer YL DIYs - I got really into Coffee Soda's and started a YL Instagram account @EssentialsWithSyd



Sport Pins With Pride - I had a lot of fun with this fashion challenge.  I wore my Friends pin collection on my denim vest a ton! Another popular combo was all of my pins from London.  I'm so glad I got those small souvenirs to remember my trip. :)

Pool Day with Rachel: Subtitle, G&Ts - The circumstances weren't the greatest, but we got some sun and toasted to Guy. G&Ts not pictured.


BUCKET LIST COMPLETE!



For my Fall Bucket List, I wanted to highlight cozy home habits as well as fun local activities I could accomplish in half a day.  As with the summer list, there are some productive tasks mixed in there as well. Here we go!

RagTag Date: This is the one carryover I have from my Summer Bucket List, but we checked it off right away!


Bowling: Jerico says he's a pro so I've got to check out his skills! I mostly just eat junk food, throw the ball, and hope for the best! 🎳

Chili: I've already made one post to christen Mom's new lake house but there will be much more to follow!

Pumpkin Bread: This is my favorite way to enjoy this fall flavor.  My secret? I add extra spices and Vitality Oils to give my bread extra flavor!

Steady Correspondence: MelRob and I sent postcards back and forth this Summer while she was in West Virginia and I loved it so much.  Here's to keeping that up for the Fall!


Boulevard Brewery Tour: Boulevard was my first love of beer but I've never been home long enough to take the tour! Now that I live only a few hours away, no excuses!

Churchill Monument: Once I've been here my Harry Truman/Winston Churchill circle is complete.  Plus, who doesn't love a college campus in the fall?

State Penitentiary Tour: I literally live a 15-minute walk from here. Why have I not taken this tour? I'm not sure that I'm in for the overnight Ghost Tour experience, but I see this happening sometime soon!

Deep Dive into Inspiring Artists: I'm excited to explore and find some new voices to inspire me and lift me up as we move into the Fall and Winter months.

First Book Club Meeting: I'm starting a book club with my friend Molly and we're going to get into all kinds of juicy stuff! We're picking a book that inspires us and meeting every 6 weeks. First up is Brene Brown's "Braving the Wilderness."

Coffee Shop Time: Something I miss so much about New York, and especially New York in the Fall, is packing my bag, and posting up at a Coffee Shop to work and relax with a good book.  Sometimes it's nice to be alone in a room full of people.

Scary Movie Marathon: It's October and there's a Friday the 13th.  This is SO happening!

Financial Review: I've been at my job for a little over a year now so I want to sit down and break down my finances and set some clear goals so I can have a successful year two!

Teddy + Bully Bar: Rachel is working in Washington, DC from now until Christmas, so I'm adding this DC restaurant themed after my favorite President to my list.  I can't wait to have a Cuba Libre and toast to Teddy.

Start Grant: Ron Chernow's latest biography was just released and my autographed copy is currently in the mail!! I'm SO excited to dive into the third president on my Presidential Bookshelf journey!

Socks + Clogs: My clogs are some of my favorite shoes, so I plan to make them last as long into the colder months as possible!

That's it folks! What are some of the items on your Fall Bucket List? Apple Picking? Pumpkin Patch? Let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts